Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Phone Plan

I broke down and did it. Never thought I would really. I had planned on getting a pair of Blackberry phones for Barbara and I. We are now on a shared phone plan. But, that was the plan. It wasn't what was unexpected. What was unexpected was the two of us walking out with iPhones. Yeah. iPhones. We both played with the Blackberries. We also played around with the iPhones. I started messing around with them just because. I had no real intention of actually getting them. However, the ease of use and the flexibility of the device won me over. Same price as well. The Blackberry Curve was $199...with $100 mail in rebate, which I would probably end up either never sending in or getting screwed out of for some reason. The iPhones were also $199. No rebate. The data service price was the same for either device. Barb loved the iPhone and didn't have many nice things to say about the Blackberry. I like the Blackberry, however, and carried one for almost a year. Did everything I needed at the time. But, I felt that the iPhone had more flexibility and expandability. It seemed more like a small application platform that just happens to have a phone app on it.

I'm still getting used to typing messages on the infernal device though...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Ooo, you've been assimilated! My favorite apps are shazam (identifies the music that's playing on your radio and lets you buy it if you want), showtimes and mustache.

    ReplyDelete