Monday, March 05, 2007

Movies

I headed back to the Portuguese place to eat spicy chicken with my hands. Very tasty! I ordered the chicken hot this time. I was right, that stuff can build on you :). I had a Sagres Beer from Portugal with dinner (Cheers Josh). I also tried a Savanna Dry Cider from South Africa.

Right next door to the place is the movie theater. I figured, what the hell. I queued up for Hot Fuzz. I loved it! Oh, and it only cost me a total of 10 pounds for the ticket and a medium soda. Remember the conversion; $20 for a movie! Even more shocking than that was one of the first advertisements in the theater; It was for Southern Comfort. It blew me away. We don't have commercials for liquor anymore.

It looks like there's not going to be a football game in my trip :(. John said that he'd see what he could do, but, it seems that it just couldn't be done. Maybe next time. I did find out something I found rather strange. Apparently you are not allowed to drink beer and watch the football live. You can sit in the stadium bar and drink beer and watch it on the monitors. But, you can't take your beer back to your seat with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment