Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Raising the Porche, Part II

The tires that I ordered finally arrived on Friday. Seeing as I had Monday off for Presidents Day, I made an appointment to take the Porsche in on that day. Because one of the tires was completely flat, I had to have her towed. I am so thankful for my AAA membership. After the tires were put onto the car, I had to get her home again. So, with Barb following close behind, I jumped in and headed out onto the roads. Technically, I'm not really supposed to be driving the car on city streets. I still need the smog check for the registration to be valid. However, this gave me a chance to make sure everything was still in working order while burning off some of that old gas that is still in the tank (3/4 of a tank). I forgot how much I enjoy driving that car.

I picked up some octane booster that I will add to the tank and see if I can help her out. The next tank of gas I will add a fuel injector cleaner as well. Now, I just need the smog check and she'll be a legal machine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment