Friday, February 09, 2007

Computer Crisis

I get into work this morning and the laptop doesn't start. The hard drive in it has given up the ghost. No big deal, really. Only all of my source code, conversion plans, and actual friggen' work is on that drive. Not to mention the rest of the pictures that I'd taken while I was here. I can't believe this. Of all the things to fail. I could have handled any part of it going bad except the drive. We're ordering a USB converter for the drive and we'll try to get the data off on Monday. In the meantime, we're reloading a loaner laptop here and I'll try to remote into my desktop at home to get at some of the data I need (some older versions of the source code).

Won't be able to actually remote in as that service is not started on that machine. And people don't get into that building for several hours. But, as I've said before, you can't lock out a locksmith. I've got some tricks up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment