Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Facts of the Moment

I completely forgot something about Westminster that I wanted to share; Charles Darwin is buried there...mere feet from Sir Issac Newton. I thought that was a bit strange that somebody whose ideas *so* opposed the church's would be buried in such an esteemed place.

Oh, and I have a sad, sad fact to share with you all...after yesterday's lunch I have now eaten Burger King on 3 continents. I am ashamed.

I have posted some new pictures. The pictures that are posted of sites (Stonehenge, Dover Castle and even various places in London) are only a smattering of photos. That website only allows me so much space. So, I'm not uploading all of them.

3 comments:

  1. If you read the Davinci Code, they reference that. I just read the book not to long ago which is the only reason I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I can sympathize - I've had McDonald's on three continents, as well, and Pizza Hut on two. It's kind of sad, but every once in a while, when you're out there in strange surroundings, it's nice to go somewhere familiar. Though that can backfire, too--you wouldn't believe some of the things they put on pizza in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Although in my case I was in France and just REALLY wanted a LARGE coke . . . not the Royal size I got. To be honest, the only reason we went to McCrappy was because I ordered 3 courses of duck for dinner the night before and needed something I could "relate" to.

    ReplyDelete