Friday, February 02, 2007

The Wash

Not too much to say today. Toured around the area this evening with Frank. He's been here before and was showing me where certain things were. Had dinner at an English chain, Hornton's on the Hill, I believe the name was. Steak was good and the beer selection was lacking. Had a couple Stella's. I'm actually surprised at the lack of beer selection at some of these restaurants. I'll explore some of the local pubs when my body gets settled to the new time zone.

I did found the need to wander into a market today. My hotel doesn't supply *anything* for the guests. I mentioned previously that there was no iron and now hair dryer. But, take that even further. No complimentary shampoo. Now, it's true that those little bottles only last for a day or two. But, they only supply you with a small soap bar. So, to the store I go. I had to pick up some shampoo, a larger bar of soap...those little bars just have no "grip" to them :), and some laundry detergent. What an adventure that was. I only hope that I have no allergic reaction to this detergent (Not that it happens to many people...). It's not a premium brand that I know of, it's a store brand, Tesco. I didn't recognize any of the brand names. Oh, get this; it's not powder. They are tablets. You put in two or three in the wash depending on how "soiled" the clothes are. I've got enough clothes to make it through next week. I will have to find myself a laundromat or something. I wonder if this place even has such a thing in it. Let me go ask...seems that there is no facilities in my hotel and she doesn't know of any around. But, she's going to call around and find out what she can work out for me. Very friendly people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment