Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Whitmore Arms

A couple of the guys and I went out to dinner last night. We drove over to The Whitmore Arms in Orsett. Had a fine plate of fresh salmon and a few pints of ales for some of the gang back home. I am a little disappointed that I've only encountered less than a dozen different beers while over here. Don't get me wrong, they are fine beers. But, I guess I was expecting to find different beers around the place. So, I started off with an Abbot Ale (Cheers Shawn). Without too many choices available, I took up another pint of the good Abbot (Cheers Marc). I finished the evening off with a pint of Ruddles Best (Cheers BryGuy...I was saving yours for the Churchill Arms pub. But, it doesn't look like I'll be getting there this trip).

Yes, I have performed minor surgery on the lens. The filter was shattered into pieces, but the lens seems to be OK. I'll need a new filter and lens cap, which I'm more than happy to replace :).

Walk up the Eiffel Tower? Sure, I could have done that. Less cost? It was only 11 euros for the ride up. Around 14-15 dollars. That's not an expense even worth noting. I would have thought about the stairs if the price was going to save 50 bucks. Besides, I needed my legs for the trip through the Louvre the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment