Thursday, February 01, 2007

First Day

I'm up at 5:30am. An unholy hour, I tell you. I was actually up about every couple of hours. Dreams of my luggage arriving and the relaxation that comes with it are blown everytime I awake and realize that it was just a dream. I do climb out of bed (it's pretty darned comfortable, BTW) and throw my travel clothes back on. Head out to reception and rejoice as I see my luggage sitting behind the counter waiting for me. Huzzah! I take it back to the room and unpack.

Many of you know that I travel very light. I'm gone for three days at a time mostly and I can fit it all in a small rollerbag/laptop case. So, my massive monstrosity that is my bag is a little unnerving for me. It weighed in at 47 pounds (3 pounds under the flight limit) at the airport. And it didn't contain all of the items I had planned on bringing. Packing for a 35 day trip to cold, rainy weather is not exactly easy :). Everything you pack is fairly bulky. Although the weather was absolutely perfect yesterday. A little chilly, but, nothing like I thought it was going to be. Sky was blue with a smattering of small clouds. Lovely.

Oh, I just found something else I don't like; laptop batteries. I'm already down to 18%. I hope to pick up a charger when I get into the office. If not, I've got a converter I purchased sitting on the couch.

It's 7:28 and the sky outside is starting to turn shades of dark blue. I guess I should get ready to head into work. Now, I must find an internet connection...there doesn't seem to be one in my room. Nor can I pick up any wireless signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment